Search This Blog

17 February 2015

locura

I knew my innocence was lost 
when I realized I was no longer afraid 
of the darkness surrounding me. 
Instead I discovered,
 I fear the darkness that hides inside me



mirror, mirror on my wall
i want to be pretty, thin, and tall.
mirror, mirror if i change my hair,
maybe someone will start to care.
mirror, mirror if i starve myself,
at least i'll be beautiful, forget my health...




This series of images is an expression of a deeply personal and very emotional subject. 
Locura is spanish for madness. 
I chose it to represent the madness within my soul, the madness that is twisted and obsessed with how I look on the outside. 
I have always had no self esteem. With my appearance, my weight, my photography. 
It's a sickness that has plagued me since I was young. 
It's a constant struggle in my life, to try and overcome the monster in my head. 
Malissa has modelled for me a few times and also has become a close friend of mine. 
She suffers from a similar monster. 
I am so grateful to her for working with me on this incredibly intense and visceral project. 
I can't thank her enough for being the artistic embodiment of our monsters.

Model: Malissa Otting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Social Media